You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
We should finally make this explicit and fully adhere to SemVer and release a stable v1.0.0.
To a large extend, a stable v1.0.0 helps making BC breaks more explicit and thus the whole project more reliable from a consumer perspective. This project is actively maintained and has received some major updates in the last weeks and has some major updates planned in the next weeks. Given our current versioning scheme, we'd like to ensure all anticipated BC breaks will be merged before the planned v1.0.0 release.
As such, I've set up a roadmap that enlists only the major changes for each version among with planned release dates towards a stable v1.0.0 release:
v0.4.3 ✅
Released 2017-04-27
Bugfix release
v0.5.0 ✅
Released 2018-04-05
Signal handling support
Documentation overhaul
Reduce public API
Throw on error
v1.0.0
Planned 2018-Q2?
No new changes planned, this should merely mark the previous release as "stable"
This ticket aims to serve as a basic overview and does not contain every single change. Please also see the milestone links and the CHANGELOG for more details.
Obviously, this roadmap is subject to change and I'll try to keep it updated as we progress. In order to avoid cluttering this, please keep discussion in this ticket to a minimum and consider reaching out to us through new tickets or Twitter etc.
@WyriHaximus : The provided link does not contain any issue at the moment.
Is there something else holding the 0.5.0 version back ?
I could really use the latest fixes related to signal handling committed on July 2017 but the last tagged version (0.4.3) was released on April 2017 (see #101 (comment)).
If the 0.5.0 version cannot be released yet, could we have a 0.4.4 version asap ?
Activity
WyriHaximus commentedon Apr 27, 2017
Updated as
v0.4.3has just been releasedkelunik commentedon Nov 30, 2017
What's the status of 0.5.0?
WyriHaximus commentedon Nov 30, 2017
@kelunik We're focussing on
react/http:v0.8.0first and then focus on0.5.0, there are some outstanding issues to be resolved before it's ready: https://github.com/reactphp/event-loop/milestone/2rrajkomar commentedon Feb 12, 2018
@WyriHaximus : The provided link does not contain any issue at the moment.
Is there something else holding the 0.5.0 version back ?
I could really use the latest fixes related to signal handling committed on July 2017 but the last tagged version (0.4.3) was released on April 2017 (see #101 (comment)).
If the 0.5.0 version cannot be released yet, could we have a 0.4.4 version asap ?
WyriHaximus commentedon Feb 12, 2018
@rrajkomar All currently open issues for
0.5.0have been closed https://github.com/reactphp/event-loop/milestone/2?closed=1 but AFAIK @clue has a PR or two he wants to file cleaning some things up before tagging0.5.0clue commentedon Apr 5, 2018
Updated now that the v0.5.0 release is out
Unless we find any major blockers, there's hope that this is the last noteworthy release before we get to tag this as v1.0.0 🎉
clue commentedon Jul 11, 2018
The very first stable v1.0.0 release with LTS has just been tagged and released! 🎉