You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
I'm most of the way through updating typed_ast to 3.7. I have everything up to type comment parsing, for which I have a bug to squash. Should I aim to get a new version in the next couple days? Or do we want to wait?
If typed-ast 3.7 support is ready when we cut the release branch we can include it in the release. If the schedule is too tight, we can leave it until the following release which should be about 3 weeks from the the 0.600 release.
I would like to try landing protocols support before daemon is released. Although the PR itself is ready it requires TypeInfo mutable state refactoring and it needs to be rebased. I will make the refactoring PR today/tomorrow. Another question about the fine grained do we have an issue with a list of missing Python 3 features (or missing tests for those)? In general I would like the fine grained mode to be more like beta quality (known bugs), rather than alpha quality (missing features). Also what do you think about postponing other refactorings to the week after the release, and instead trying to fix some high-priority fine grained issues?
@ilevkivskyi I'll prepare an issue with a list of Python 3 features that might need work later today. I have some time this week to work on Python 3 features. I agree that we want to at least know how well various Python 3 features work. Python 3 feature support has the highest priority since these will likely affect a lot of users (but not us so much since mypy doesn't use any recent Python 3 features).
Protocols support in the daemon would also be nice but we can also mention it as a known issue. Various planned refactorings don't need to be included in the release.
Various planned refactorings don't need to be included in the release.
The protocol support requires one of those (to avoid performance problems), TypeInfo state. This is however the smallest/simplest one and I already started working on it.
Created the 0.600 release branch. Some documentation updates are still missing (at least mypy daemon) but they can be cherry picked. Protocols support in fine-grained mode didn't get in due to the tight schedule, unfortunately.
Activity
emmatyping commentedon Apr 20, 2018
I'm most of the way through updating
typed_astto 3.7. I have everything up to type comment parsing, for which I have a bug to squash. Should I aim to get a new version in the next couple days? Or do we want to wait?JukkaL commentedon Apr 20, 2018
If typed-ast 3.7 support is ready when we cut the release branch we can include it in the release. If the schedule is too tight, we can leave it until the following release which should be about 3 weeks from the the 0.600 release.
ilevkivskyi commentedon Apr 22, 2018
I would like to try landing protocols support before daemon is released. Although the PR itself is ready it requires
TypeInfomutable state refactoring and it needs to be rebased. I will make the refactoring PR today/tomorrow. Another question about the fine grained do we have an issue with a list of missing Python 3 features (or missing tests for those)? In general I would like the fine grained mode to be more like beta quality (known bugs), rather than alpha quality (missing features). Also what do you think about postponing other refactorings to the week after the release, and instead trying to fix some high-priority fine grained issues?JukkaL commentedon Apr 23, 2018
@ilevkivskyi I'll prepare an issue with a list of Python 3 features that might need work later today. I have some time this week to work on Python 3 features. I agree that we want to at least know how well various Python 3 features work. Python 3 feature support has the highest priority since these will likely affect a lot of users (but not us so much since mypy doesn't use any recent Python 3 features).
Protocols support in the daemon would also be nice but we can also mention it as a known issue. Various planned refactorings don't need to be included in the release.
JukkaL commentedon Apr 23, 2018
Python 3 feature support in fine-grained incremental mode: #4951
ilevkivskyi commentedon Apr 23, 2018
The protocol support requires one of those (to avoid performance problems),
TypeInfostate. This is however the smallest/simplest one and I already started working on it.JukkaL commentedon Apr 26, 2018
Created the 0.600 release branch. Some documentation updates are still missing (at least mypy daemon) but they can be cherry picked. Protocols support in fine-grained mode didn't get in due to the tight schedule, unfortunately.
JukkaL commentedon Apr 27, 2018
Mypy daemon documentation: #4983
JukkaL commentedon Apr 30, 2018
The new planned release date is Wednesday May 2.
JukkaL commentedon May 2, 2018
Mypy 0.600 is out! Blog post: http://mypy-lang.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/mypy-0600-released.html